If you’re reconsidering maintaining an in-house provider portal, Availity’s Provider Engagement Portal offers a multi-payer alternative that can improve communication between your health plan and your provider network. The Availity Portal features an intuitive interface and supports multiple workflows, reducing calls into your call center and ensuring providers have the information needed to serve your members.
Provider Engagement Portal Capabilities
Providers need access to the most up-to-date payer information available to avoid denials and collect the appropriate payment from the patient. The Patient Management workflow includes the following:
- Eligibility and benefits: Quickly check whether a patient has coverage, if the provider is in network, and the patient’s coverage for all participating payers.
- Member ID card: Download and print a copy of the patient’s insurance ID card.
- Care reminders: Receive notification when a patient has an outstanding service.
- Additional benefit information: Receive payer information that’s not included within the x12 271 response.
The claims management workflow allows providers to submit and track claims electronically, reducing calls to your call center and eliminating the need for fax and mail.
- Claim submission: Submit individual claims through the Portal user interface or multiple claims via a batch file.
- Claims correction: Correct a claim that’s already been submitted.
- Claim status: Check to see if the claim has been adjudicated or if any additional documentation is needed.
- Patient cost estimator: Provide the patient with an estimate of the service.
- Overpayment and appeal: Respond to a payer’s request with appropriate documentation or initiate a denial appeal.
You can deliver the Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) or 835 data to providers through the Availity Portal’s remittance viewer tool. Providers can research claims and payments, and because the data is in a human-readable format, rather than ANSI code, it’s easy for non-technical people to understand.
Provider Information Management
Keeping provider information current is a challenge, but Availity’s Provider Data Management (PDM) is designed to help you do just that by letting providers update demographic information through the Availity Portal. Learn more.
The Availity Portal offers multiple channels in which to share information with providers, reducing calls into the call center and prompting providers to take an action.
- Messaging: Allows a provider to initiate a one-to-one, online discussion with a payer representative.
- Notifications: Generates a targeted communication that providers see when logging into the Portal.
- Promotions: Delivers a banner ad highlighting a payer initiative.
- News and announcements: Communicates important, time-sensitive information to providers on the main Portal page.
Authorization and Referral Management
The Availity Portal helps you streamline the authorization process by giving providers a central location where they can check if an authorization is needed, submit the authorization with required documentation, and manage it all through a user-friendly dashboard.
Learn more about our authorization capabilities.
While the Availity Portal is multi-payer tool, health plans still need a place to host proprietary, plan-specific information or tools. Payer Spaces gives you a secure location—branded with your organization’s logo—where providers can access this information.
Provider Engagement Portal + Clinical Gateway capabilities
Medical Record Exchange
Both health plans and providers want to stop sending faxes and mailing letters. The cost is enormous, the administration is cumbersome and frustrating, and there’s no quality standard or consistent format. That’s why providers use our Provider Engagement Portal to send clinical information and medical records, track and respond to requests over time, filter and sort their records, and manage to due dates.
Primary Care Physician Notification
Health plans need to communicate with providers when they receive notifications of admission. Our Primary Care Physician Notification alerts providers of a hospital admission via the Portal, and sends clinical messages through the Portal’s Clinical Viewer. This means the provider can be more accountable for the member’s care, can follow up after discharge, reconcile medications, reduce costs, and improve outcomes.
Clinical Gateway + Intelligent Gateway + Provider Engagement Portal capabilities