5 Ways to Improve Patient Satisfaction
3.07.2019 By Michelle Dowling, National Relationship Manager, TSYS Health Division
In a recent webinar TSYS coordinated with Availity, we discussed the importance of understanding today’s patients and their unique expectations. This understanding is measured by patient satisfaction, which gives providers valuable insights into the effectiveness of their care. Increasing patient satisfaction has become a major initiative for practitioners because it’s directly linked to patient retention. Here are the 5 components of improving patient satisfaction at your dental practice:
- Focus on care. Continue to provide high-quality service with a positive patient experience. Encourage the members of your team to suggest ideas for improvement.
- Efficiency is key. One of the top patient complaints is wait times. Aim to reduce wait times both for scheduling appointments and in the waiting room. Check-ins and check-outs are an important part of the process.
- Adopt new technology. New technology can not only improve the services you provide, but also increases productivity in appointment making and scheduling.
- Cost. Clear explanations of financial responsibility and insurance coverage help patients understand their part and plan accordingly.
- Communication. Providing patients with necessary information is imperative to achieving a positive patient experience. This will empower your patients with knowledge about their diagnosis and treatment options when they leave your office.
For long-term practice success, it is important for dental practices to establish a business that focuses on continuous growth and improving patient satisfaction. Through patient-centered service, your practice can be unstoppable.
For more information on healthcare payment processing, visit TSYS.com.
A version of this blog was originally posted on Michelle’s Linkedin.
Patient payments, simplified. TSYS® and Availity bridge the gap to make patient payments easier. TSYS is offering a special promotional offer: $150 activation bonus—expires July 30, 2019. Get all the details from TSYS.
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only to permit you to learn more about TSYS and Availity, our services, and our experience. The information presented is not legal advice, is not to be acted on as such, may not be current, and is subject to change without notice.