Availity Continues to Build on Recent Successes
1.29.2016 by AVAILITY
Updated solutions, key endorsements, and a growing body of knowledge highlight Availity’s impact in the healthcare market
Jacksonville, FLA., Jan. 29, 2016 – Availity, the nation’s largest real-time health information network, continued to position itself as a proven and trusted leader for information exchange between health plans and providers, with a number of significant industry endorsements and certifications, as well as a growing body of knowledge for its network of over one million engaged providers, hospitals, vendor partners and health plans nationwide.
Company highlights for 2015 included:
New and Updated Solutions
Last year, Availity announced several new and updated products.
- In April, Availity launched Revenue Program Management 1.0 (RPM), an innovative risk adjustment workflow solution for digital payer and provider collaboration.
- In September, Availity completely revamped their multi-payer Eligibility and Benefit service, making it easier for providers and health plans to engage on issues of patient access and financial responsibility.
- Also in September, Availity expanded the feature set of its Provider Data Management platform, which keeps provider information up-to-date and validated with all of their participating health plans, in addition to proactively identifying and delivering notifications of changes in provider demographic information.
- In November, Availity launched Payer Spaces, which gives health plans a branded, unique space within Availity’s multi-payer provider engagement portal in which to create, post, and organize applications for their provider networks.
CAQH® CORE III Certification
In September, Availity demonstrated its leadership and commitment to consistent access to electronic patient information by earning the CAQH® Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE®) Clearinghouse Product Phase III Certification Seal.
“The CAQH CORE Clearinghouse Product Phase III Certification Seal demonstrates Availity’s commitment to the highest standards of electronic transaction processing,” said Russ Thomas, CEO of Availity. “By achieving certification well ahead of the January 1 deadline, we are demonstrating to our customers that we are going to allow them to be CORE compliant sooner.”
In October, the Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN) selected Availity as the preferred Patient Access vendor for its 53 member hospitals. “The functionality and ease of use of Availity’s Patient Access made it an ideal and affordable solution for small, rural hospitals,” said Curt Zimmerman, Director of Business Services and Development for ICAHN. “The ability of our member hospitals to provide patients with an accurate estimate of cost for services prior to the point of care will improve patient satisfaction and increase upfront collections.”
Also in October, Availity was honored as the highest-ranked Claims Management/Clearinghouse vendor in customer satisfaction and client experiences by Black Book™, the most comprehensive user opinion poll in the health IT industry.
Online Knowledge Center
Availity’s online library of multimedia tools and resources continued to grow in 2015. Some of the most popular resources included:
- A Multi-Billion Dollar Problem of Waste and Missed Opportunities: How automation can improve ADT notifications and Authorization Requests, reducing costs and opening doors for higher-quality care.
- The Impact of Consumerism on Provider Revenues: How patient collections at or before the point of service is critical to good financial performance.
- Revenue Cycle Best Practices During an Epic Installation offers real-world examples of the benefit of making RCM a priority during an EHR implementation.
Growth and Direction in 2016
Availity hit the ground running this year, announcing a strategic partnership with Optum, a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. As part of the agreement, Availity will implement Optum’s Advanced Claim Editing (ACE) solution as a component of the Availity Health Information Network. Through ACE, participating health plans can give care providers timely notification and feedback on actionable errors or information gaps that often trigger claim denials. This means care providers are more likely to submit accurately completed claims and health plans can subsequently reduce claims-processing times and mitigate appeals that require costly investigation and recovery efforts.
In addition, Availity will continue its investment in core services and products, including provider data management, which ensures that health plans have timely and up-to-date information from their provider networks, and automated risk adjustment, which will help payers and providers accurately predict the healthcare costs of patient populations and foster ever-more efficient healthcare delivery—all while improving quality outcomes, reducing overall costs, and accurately determining risk.
“Our data-driven world makes unraveling the complexities of measuring value and assessing risk possible,” said Thomas. “Availity will continue to develop solutions and resources to help put health plans and their provider partners on the road to transparency in their dealings and better relationships with their customers.”
Availity’s provider business will continue to focus on helping their providers run healthy businesses,by improving accuracy and timeliness of payments and eliminating administrative burdens. “As patients’ financial obligations continue to increase, it’s critical for practices and provider organizations to protect their revenue stream and optimize operational performance,” said Thomas. “Availity will continue to invest in our revenue cycle management program to help our provider partners realize improved collections, accurate eligibility verification, and, ultimately, a better experience for their patients.”
As an industry-leading, HITRUST-certified health care information technology company, Availity serves an extensive network of health plans, providers, and technology partners nationwide through a suite of dynamic products built on a powerful, intelligent platform. Availity integrates and manages the clinical, administrative, and financial data needed to fuel real-time coordination between providers, health plans, and patients in a growing value-based care environment. Facilitating over 7 million transactions daily, Availity's ability to provide accurate, timely, and relevant information is vital to the financial success of its clients.
For more information, including an online demonstration, please visit www.availity.com or call 1.800.AVAILITY (282.4548)