Quick Answers for Technology Companies
- What exactly is Availity?
- Availity is a secure health information network that connects physician practices, hospitals and other providers of care with health plans and other information partners. Through this network connectivity, we facilitate the electronic exchange of business and clinical information (like claims and lab data), simplifying physician access to the information you need to run your practice more efficiently and effectively.
- Our approach is to simplify your interactions with health plans and other information partners, enabling a more collaborative approach to health care.
- What are the costs and benefits of partnering with Availity?
- There is no cost to you, and the benefits are significant. Leveraging Availity's massive payer and provider network, our technology partners increase their market share, differentiate themselves from competitors, and improve their customers' experiences.
- Is my customers’ information secure?
- All information delivered across the Availity Health Information Network is secure. Access is protected by registration and is limited to designated users.
- Availity Health Information Network stores some health information so you can search certain payment history, but primarily exchanges the information. In both cases, Availity remains in strict compliance with privacy laws and regulations, as necessary to complete the range of transactions performed by participants.
- What integration does Availity support?
- Availity offers real-time business-to-business (B2B) and batch electronic data interchange (EDI) information exchange. Our administrative services comply with HIPAA X12 standards and include eligibility and benefits, authorizations and referrals, claims, claim status, and remittance. Our longitudinal care record complies with the Continuity of Care Record (CCR) and Continuity of Care Document (CCD) standards. Other services may be supported in non-standard formats.
- How do we join Availity?
- Visit the Contact Us page of this site. Once we've received your information, an Availity representative will contact you to provide specification documents and answer your questions.
▲ Return To Top